Monday 4 August 2014

Budapest (Part 4)


That night was the last night aboard our river-ship, though we would spend a couple more days on our own in Budapest. There were loud parties on the bridge just beyond where we were docked. I sat out on the veranda or wandered up onto the upper deck to watch the nights lights of Budapest.  The palace shone across the Danube with a sliver of a moon hanging above it. The Chain Bridge, from whence the partying noises emanated glowed with its nightly finery. The water lapped at the ship, beautiful swans floated by with the occasional non-beautiful quonk and quank as they chatted together about the noisiness of the partyers. I was deeply saddened that we would be leaving Europe in a couple of days. I had found a peace here I hadn’t experienced in a very long time, I was in tears at the thought of leaving. But we still had more of Budapest to experience and little did I know that I would so fall in love with a place.




















No comments:

Post a Comment